Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered outside the gate. Therefore, let us go forth to him outside the camp, bearing his reproach. For we have no continuing city here, but we seek one to come.
Select a book to read:
¶1. The elder to the beloved Gaius, whom I love in truth.
¶2. Beloved, I pray for you to prosper in all things and to be in good health, just as your soul is prospering.
3. I was overjoyed when brothers came and testified in truth about you, how you are walking in truth.
4. I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my children are walking in truth.
¶5. Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brothers and for strangers,
6. who testified of your love before the Assembly; whom you will do well to send on their way in a manner worthy of God,
7. for they went out on behalf of the Name, accepting nothing from the Gentiles.
8. We, therefore, ought to receive such men, that we might be laborers together in the truth.
¶9. I wrote to the Assembly, but Diotrephes, who likes to be chief among them, does not receive us.
10. For this reason, if I come, I will remember his deeds that he does, disparaging us with evil words; and not satisfied with these things, he does not receive the brothers, and he forbids those who would, and expels them from the Assembly.
11. Beloved, do not follow what is evil, but what is good. He who does good is of God; he who does evil has not seen God.
12. Testimony has been given of Demetrius by everyone, and by the truth itself; we also ourselves bear him witness, and you know that our witness is true.
¶13. I had many things to write, but I do not want to write you with ink and pen,
14. but I hope to see you shortly, and we will speak face to face. Peace to you. The friends send you greeting. Greet the friends by name.