1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we beheld and our hands touched: the Word of life.
2. And the life was revealed, and we saw it, and we bear witness and show you the eternal life which was with the Father and was revealed to us.
3. That which we have seen and heard we show you, so that you may also have fellowship with us. And our fellowship truly is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4. And we are writing these things to you so that our joy might be full.
5. And this is the message that we have heard from him and are passing on to you, that God is light, and in Him, there is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we are lying and are not living the truth.
7. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8. If we say that we do not have sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth isn’t in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word isn’t in us.
1. My children, I write these things to you, that you do not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
2.and he is the propitiation for our sins; not for ours only, but also for the whole world.
3. And by this, we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
4. He who says, “I know him”, and yet doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him.
5. But whoever keeps his word, the love of God really is perfected in him. By this, we know that we’re in him.
6. He who claims to dwell in him ought himself to walk just as he walked.
7. Brothers, I’m writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.
8. Then again, I’m writing a new commandment to you, which is true in him and in you, for the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining.
9. He who claims to be in the light, and yet hates his brother, is still in darkness.
10. He who loves his brother stays in the light, and there is no stumblingblock in him.
11. He who hates his brother is in darkness; he’s walking in darkness and doesn’t know where he’s going because darkness has blinded his eyes.
12. I’m writing to you, children, because your sins are forgiven for his name’s sake.
13. I’m writing to you, fathers, because you’ve known him from the beginning. I’m writing to you, young men, because you’ve overcome the wicked one. I’m writing to you, little children, because you’ve come to know the Father.
14. I wrote to you, fathers, because you’ve known him from the beginning. I wrote to you, young men, because you’re strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you’ve overcome the wicked one.
15. Don’t love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father isn’t in him.
16. For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – isn’t of the Father but is of the world.
17. And the world is passing away, and its lust, but he who does the will of God abides forever.
18. Little children, it is the last hour, and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many have become antichrists, by which we know that it is the last hour.
19. They went out from us, but they were not of us, for if they were of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out that they might be exposed, because not all are of us.
20. But you have an anointing from the holy One, and you know all things.
21. I did not write you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it and you know that no lie ever comes from the truth.
22. Who is a liar, if not the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is the antichrist, who denies the Father and the Son.
23. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but he who confesses the Son has the Father also.
24. As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning continue in you. If what you have heard from the beginning continues in you, then you will continue in the Son and in the Father.
25. And this is the promise that he himself promised us: eternal life.
26. I have written you these things on account of those who lead you astray.
27. But as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and so, you have no need for anyone to teach you, but the anointing itself teaches you concerning all things, and it is true and is not a lie, and even as it has taught you, you will continue in him.
28. And now, children, continue in him, so that when he appears, we might have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29. If you know that he is righteous, you know that every one who does righteousness is born of him.
1. Oh, what great love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! This is why the world doesn’t know you, because it didn’t know him.
2. Beloved, we are now children of God, but what we will be isn’t yet made manifest; but we know that when it is made manifest, we’ll be like him, for we’ll see him as he is.
3. And everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.
4. Everyone who commits sin also transgresses the law, for sin is lawlessness.
5. And you know that he was made manifest so that he might take away our sins, and there is no sin in him.
6. No one who abides in him sins; no one who is sinning has seen him or known him.
7. Children, don’t let anyone deceive you; he who does righteousness is righteous, just as he is righteous.
8. He who is practicing sin is of the Slanderer, for the Slanderer has sinned from the beginning. For this reason, the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the Slanderer.
9. Everyone born of God does not practice sin, for His seed abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.
10. By this, the children of God and the children of the Slanderer are distinguished: everyone who is not doing righteousness is not of God, as well as he who does not love his brother.
11. For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another,
12.not as Cain, who was of the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother’s were righteous.
13. My brothers, don’t be surprised if the world hates you.
14. We know that we have passed over from death into life because we love the brothers. He who doesn’t love his brother abides in death.
15. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life abiding in him.
16. By this, we have come to know love, because he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
17. Whoever has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet bars from his heart compassion for him, how does the love of God abide in him?
18. My children, let’s not love in word or with the tongue but in deed and in truth.
19. And by this, we know that we are of the truth, and we will assure our hearts before Him,
20.for if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and He understands everything.
21. Beloved, if our heart doesn’t condemn us, we have confidence toward God,
22.and whatever we ask, we receive from Him because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.
23. And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he commanded.
24. And he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the spirit that He gave us.
1. Beloved, don’t believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out from us into the world.
2. By this, the Spirit of God is recognized: every spirit that confesses Jesus Christ when he has come into flesh is of God,
3.and every spirit that doesn’t confess Jesus Christ when he has come into flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and now already, it is in the world.
4. You are of God, children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5. They are of the world; therefore, they speak of the world, and the world listens to them.
6. We are of God. He who knows God listens to us; he who is not of God doesn’t listen to us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deceit.
7. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God, and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
8. He who doesn’t love doesn’t know God because God is love.
9. By this was the love of God made manifest among us, that God sent His only-begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11. Beloved, if God loved us like this, we also should love one another.
12. No one has ever seen God. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
13. By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
14. And we have seen and bear witness that the Father sent the Son as Savior of the world.
15. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him and he in God.
16. And we have known and have trusted the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.
17. By this, love is perfected within us so that we may have confidence in the Day of Judgment, that, as He is, so are we in this world.
18. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, for fear has torment, and he who fears hasn’t been perfected in love.
19. We love him because He first loved us.
20. If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet, hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who doesn’t love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21. And we have this commandment from Him, that he who loves God should also love his brother.
1. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot loves also the one begotten of Him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.
4. For everyone who is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that overcomes the world – our faith.
5. Who is it who overcomes the world except he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
6. This is he who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ; not by water only but by water and blood. And the Spirit is what bears witness because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three who bear witness,
8.the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and these three are in one accord.
9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater, for this is the witness of God that He has borne concerning His Son.
10. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness within him; the one who doesn’t believe God has made Him a liar because he hasn’t believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son.
11. And this is the witness, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
12. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
13. I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you might know that y ou have eternal life, and that you might believe on the name of the Son of God.
14. And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us;
15.and if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have made of Him.
16. If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and then He will give him life, for those who do not sin unto death. There is a sin unto death; I don’t say that he should pray for that.
17. All unrighteousness is sin, but there is a sin not unto death.
18. We know that everyone who is born of God does not sin, but the one who is begotten of God keeps himself, and the evil one does not touch him.
19. We know that we are of God and that the whole world lies in wickedness.
20. We know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding so that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
21. Children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.